The “official” wallet of Cardano, created by IOHK. Daedalus is an open-source, full node wallet available for Windows, macOX and Linux.
Daedalus was launched in 2017 by IOHK alongside the launch of the Cardano mainnet and since then it has gone through several improvements. The functionalities available in the Daedalus wallet include:
- Sending, receiving, and storing ADA
- Sending, receiving, and storing Cardano Native Tokens
- Sending, receiving, and Storing NFTs
- Staking to stake pools and browsing a list of stake pools with various ways viewing them
- Registering to vote, and voting, in Project Catalyst
- Multi-sig transaction signing
- Hardware wallet support for Trezor and Ledger wallets
Users can choose the currency the current value of their ADA and other tokens are displayed in. There are also themes, currently 6, allowing users to personalize their Daedalus wallet.
Daedalus also features a newsfeed that is collapsible into a sidebar. What IOHK defines as “vital” news will cover the whole screen.