The “official” wallet of Cardano, created by IOHK. Daedalus is an open-source, full node wallet available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Daedalus was launched in 2017 by IOHK alongside the launch of the Cardano mainnet and has since gone through several improvements as it grows with the Cardano ecosystem. The functionalities of the Daedalus wallet include:
- Sending, receiving, and storing ADA, NFTs, and tokens
- Staking to stake pools and browsing a list of stake pools with various ways of searching them
- Registering to vote -and then voting- in Project Catalyst
- Multi-sig transaction signing
- Hardware wallet support for Trezor and Ledger wallets
Users can choose the currency the current value of their ADA and other tokens are displayed in and there are also themes, currently 6, allowing users to personalize their Daedalus wallet.
Daedalus also features a newsfeed, from IOHK, that is collapsible into a sidebar. What IOHK defines as “vital” news may cover the whole screen.