Colizeum

Blockchain based gaming SDK enabling: tournaments, in-game advertising, and tournament betting. Allowing games to better benefit their developers and gamers.

The goal of Colizeum is to more fairly distribute the value created by games once they’re in the open market. This value is in the form of secondary markets which are often owned and managed by 3rd parties who keep the profits for themselves. Colizeum aims to help game developers access this value of which they were the source, to help game players earn from their gaming skills and attention, and to help influencers earn from the value they generate.

Colizeum offers a software development kit, SDK, that allows regular game developers to build blockchain games simply. This SDK removes the cost and complexity of hiring blockchain developer teams; which are expensive and few and far between. Initially this SDK will only support the Unity 3d game engine, but support for other will be added in the future.

The Colizeum platform revolves around a native token, $ZEUM.


Play-to-Earn & Stake-to-Earn

In Colizeum games gamers play-to-earn whilst developers stake-to-earn. Developers stake $ZEUM to have their game placed higher up in the marketplace, thus earning greater exposure to gamers. Players earn “secondary tokens” for playing games. These are created by the developers but, besides existing as rewards, the only stated function for these tokens is to purchase Player Cards; which are needed by gamers to access other parts of the Colizeum world.

Player Cards

Player Cards are NFTs that are periodically released by Colizeum. They are required to do anything besides play games on the Colizeum platform, thus creating and ensuring demand for them. Player Cards are bought in a pack. This is purchased with secondary tokens but the owner requires $ZEUM tokens to open it up.

A gamer must possess a Player Card to compete in both types of tournament and to access the predictions markets. They also provide the holder with access to extra features and special games.

Player Cards come in different rarities. The only function of these rarities seems to have is that possessing a rarer card gives the holder access to “more exotic” levels of the prediction markets.


Attention Marketplace

Cute speak for advertising marketplace, this opens up games for advertising by 3rd parties. In the form of deployable widgets the attention market provides opportunities for in-game advertising; these are described as “plane banners”. Where players are rewarded in the protocol’s native $ZEUM tokens for viewing them.


Tournaments

There are two types of Tournament free and paid. The following hold true for all tournaments:

  • A Player Card is required to play
  • Game Developers need to stake $ZEUM tokens in order for their game to be eligible for tournaments, however this stake can also be delegated by the community or other interested parties.
  • Winners receive ~90% of the prize pool
  • For providing the platform Colizeum takes ~3% of the prize pool
  • The game developers receive ~3% of the prize pool

Free Tournaments: Prizes for free tournaments are paid in secondary tokens and the prize pool is funded by the tournament creator.

Paid Tournaments: To create a paid tournament the tournament creator must have $ZEUM staked to the platform. A higher stake ranks a tournament higher in the list, meaning greater exposure to gamers. Gamers have to deposit a minimum contribution of $ZEUM to play the game and the higher the amount they put up the larger percentage of the prize pool they win if they are one of the game's winners. In paid tournaments there are also prize earning in-game tasks which gamers can complete to earn a share of the prize pool. The tournament creator receives ~3% of the prize pool.


Prediction Markets

Player Cards are required to be able to bet, called bidding on the platform, in the prediction markets where users bet on tournament outcomes. Rarer Player Cards giving the holder access to “more exotic” prediction markets.

Bidders pool their $ZEUM and when the tournament is finished 90% is distributed between the winning bidders. The remaining 10% is shared out as follows:

  • 2.5% to the tournament creator
  • 2.5% to the game developer
  • 2.5% to gamers participating in the tournament
  • 2.5% to the Colizeum ecosystem development fund.

A multi-level referral system that enables gamers to refer other gamers has been alluded to by Colizeum but not explained.

Discover similarColizeum